Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cupcakes galore



Although it is the end of another week and I have pretty much forgotten about blogging. So, here I am recounting this past weekend.

Saturday I spent most of the day baking cupcakes. First up was gingerbread cupcakes with lemon cream cheese and lemon curd centers (white frosting). Can you say.. YUMMO! Oh my goodness. Not to toot my own horn but for someone who had never made cupcakes before, these turned out to be so good. I would be happy to share the recipe if anyone wants it, just email me. :) Second the most difficult to make by far and from what I am told (seeing as I detest black licorice I refused to try these but made them at the request of others) pretty darn tasty too, were the licorice (black) with orange marshmallow and licorice frosting (blue frosting). Finally I chose to make the easiest recipe... chocolate peanut butter w/ Reese's pb cup centers and a chocolate buttercream frosting.



Can you say pooped?! That is what I was after creating all of those yummy delights. It was worth it though. I realized just how much I enjoy baking. I hope everyone enjoyed the cupcakes. Oh yeah, they were for a friend's baby shower. Let me tell ya, when Miss K sent out the call for us women to make some cupcakes, we responded! Lovely turn out and a lovely shower was thrown. Thank you for opening your house for all of us (you know who you are)! :)





So this was my final week doing taxes. I do have 3 more days left... since the 15th is on tuesday, I have to come back for a couple more days and then our kick ass end of season party. I will write more on that later. For now enjoy the pics of cupcakes! And if anyone is interested in the recipes email me. :)

-Ciao! :)

No comments: