Monday, January 19, 2009

Homework, school, and hiking




Well week #2 of school is down, going into week #3. I have successfully managed to make it to all of my classes and now work on time. It is quite the adjustment and I am feeling a bit like a broken record. Work, home (eat & change), school, homework, sleep, rinse repeat. I have also had my first math quiz and got an A. Yay me! hehe :) All is moving along quite nicely. I just didn't anticipate how much reading there would be, especially in my writing class.

Had a super weekend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous even if it was a tad on the cool side. I managed to get to the Hawthorn area for shopping and a bite to eat on Saturday. I have found this place that sells lotions and oils and stuff that you can get scented. They have a HUGE selection to choose from, I went with Thai Tea this time. Yummo!

Sunday was supposed to be my homework day although it was far to nice to stay in. K invited me and the Magster to go with her and 4 other friends on a hike. I was told it was just a short one, wouldn't take to long. I agreed since I really needed the exercise. Between the 6 humans and 4 dogs it was quite a fun time. We went to Sauvie Island where there is a rather easy hike, especially if you are in decent shape. It is 7 miles round trip and very pretty. Views of Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, Mt, Hood was even visible. At the end of the trail, after 3.5 miles, was a cute little light house. We stopped and had some yummy cookies that K had made for us as we enjoyed the view. Overall it took about 2.5 - 3 hours. I am sure feeling it today! It was well worth it though. Thank you Miss K for sticking with my out of shape ass! :) I would post pics, but I was a complete idiot and didn't have a cf card in my came... I did have an extra battery though! Arg! :P

After going hiking yesterday I am even more determined to get into way better shape. I am def in need of good hiking shoes, backpack, first aid kit, water container, and a different jacket. I guess those are going on my list of items to by when I get a paycheck, well that and a bike. :)

That's about it for now...

-Cheers

No comments: