Monday, January 14, 2008

Sleep is good

Ahhh, the first week back to work is under my belt. Things are starting to come back to me. It is good. I am finally starting to settle into the house. All those new noises, smells, and Maggie pointing them out to me. Darn dogggles... scares me half to death when she hears something in the middle of the night and starts to growl. Things are looking up though as my boss has a bed for me that they are willing to give me for free. Yay! No more airless mattress!!!

It was a return of the "get home friday night/saturday morning at 2 a.m., sleep until noon Saturday, eat 1 meal, stay up far too late saturday night, then try to get up "early" sunday, have breakfast sunday before 2, then head back to Ptown. There is something I have to do so I don't feel like I am wasting so much time sleeping, goodness!

Saturday was actually kind of a day for miscommunication that ended up being a fun evening. We were going to play board games with friends who ended up going to a Chamber of commerce free meal kinda thing which didn't get over until pretty late. The no communication came on my part for not calling B & Y to tell them we weren't going to play. Well when we got home from pizza they were at the house waiting for us. I felt awful. Things actually turned out just fine and dandy as we played Settlers of Catan which I again failed to win at. Oh well, there will be other chances! I will dominate the world yet! hahaha :)

All in all it was a nice relaxing weekend, and I am back to work today. I always feel so bad in the morning when I leave for work. Maggie just looks at me with those cute brown eyes as she curls into her bed and looks sooo sad.

Off to answer phones....

2 comments:

LavenderSheep said...

Well, I feel just as bad because we didn't call before we came over! It was lots of fun, though! B is now on the hunt to own his own copy of Settlers =)

Freckledmama said...

I'm so glad things are looking up! I miss your company here in town but it sounds like you're doing great.

And yay on the free bed! LOL