Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Horses and tattoos, oh my!

Gah! I am draggin' today. Not really sure why though. I have no real ambition to do anything at work. I spent all day yesterday trying to plan out my days in Ireland. I leave in 3 days. *sigh* It's so hard for me to believe that I will be in Ireland by the end of the week. There is so much that I want to go see and do, too bad I don't think I will have enough time.

I was hoping to get in a visit to a horse race or 2, it looks like I won't be able to though. Racing there is on the weekends while I am there and they races are both on Satruday, the days I am traveling..boooo! I did however find out about the Irish National Stud. It is a place where thoroughbred stallions are at stud, they have a breeding education program, museum, etc. It sounds a bit like the
Kentucky Horse Park, where I went to school and worked for 7 months, in Lexington except it is geared mainly for thoroughbreds. It is about an hours trip outside Dublin and I am bound and determined to make it there! I have been getting this itch to get back into the horse scene. Too bad I don't make enough money to do that right now. I know people who kept telling me that one day I would want to get back into it and I was so adamant that I wouldn't. Well you were right! I guess it is true, once horses are in your blood they are always there.


Oh yeah, and I am totally getting a tattoo in
Ireland. I am pretty much set on a design with a horse or dragon worked into a celtic knot. The meaning behind the horse being power, guidance protectors prosperity, magic, prophecy, the transporter to the otherworld. While the dragon is symbolic of luck and power. I want to combine one of those symbols in the Celtic knot style for hope, strength, and love, in some way.


The only problem being that there is no real meaning for the knots, as they date back for many hundreds of years and there is no dictionary to their meanings. Meanings for these designs have pretty much been made up to sell jewelry and trinkets, people have chosen to put meaning into them and whatever you want them to mean pretty much works. The only problem is I am not sure where to have it done on my body. Since I am losing weight I don't want it in my back, hip, arm, or somewhere that I might lose weight from. I am kind of thinking the ankle or on my chest where it would show only when I want it. :P I have narrowed the tattoo parlor down, now I just have to figure out how much it will cost too.

*sigh* I suppose I should get back to work... yeah well or something like that. I have so much to get done in the next couple of days it isn't even funny!

-Peace!

No comments: