Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Is it really Halloween?

I can't believe that the day has arrived. Only one pumpkin has been carved, no costume has been dreamed up, and my house is only partially decorated. I am feeling a bit bah humbug over this years Halloween, although it is my very favorite holiday. It seems like the last several years have been against me enjoying the holiday properly. Either I haven't had a job, been in between jobs, or been working on said day. This year as we all know my lovely employers decided to end my short time with them. That being said, I was left with little extra funds to properly buy and decorate the house as well as any sort of kick ass costume for myself.

I was okay with not being the scariest house on the block. I was okay with not having a super freaky costume. I was NOT okay with my car breaking down today though. That seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back. It's a good thing I don't have anywhere especially important to be and that I have several friends who are also unemployed or stay at home moms who are more than willing to drop everything for their poor friend Amy. Yes, poor me. I am on the pity bus today.

Back to the not believing that Halloween is here. Wasn't it just yesterday I was planning a trip to Ireland? For that matter when did the temp change from a daily hight of 100 degrees Fahrenheit+ to being in the mid 40's - 50 with a low in the high 20's? I must say it is a welcome releif as I hate the heat and love being slightly chilled when I crawl into bed.

All was not lost in my bah humbug spirit, as I did manage to get a friend to take me to the store for sugar coated treats so the trick or treaters wouldn't feel the need to spray my house with silly string and t.p. I did get to see my friend Amy's kids in their simply adorable costumes. I must give A a HUGE thumbs up as she made the girls' costumes, one a butterfly the other a scarecrow. They were so awesome! Good job Amy!

I am making the same vow this year as I did last.... I am GOING to have the scariest house, creapiest costume, and most kick ass Halloween next year, I promise I will!

-Happy Boo day everyone!

No comments: