Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ohh the pain!

Weds D and I had an appointment with the personal trainer at the gym. Dana is awesome! She totally kicks your ass, but in a good way. About half way through my legs were trembling and I was sweating like a pig (that is if pigs actually sweat). It was a fabulous work out and I was so happy to have gone to do it. I knew I would be sore the next day, just didn't realize HOW bad it would be! OMG! My quads felt like they had been turned to stone and didn't want to function at all. This was quite a pain (literally) as I had planned on going to Dana's power up class that evening.

I worked up the nerve to go to the gym early so I could at least get some treadmill time in. 30 mins later and a couple of miles I had worked myself into a good ol' sweat. The classes had already started their warm up and I got in just in time. WOW! It was tough! More of the same stuff we did in our session weds, but way more difficult. Lunges and squats till the cows came home basically. I think I shouldn't have pushed myself so hard, but in the end I am happy I did. Now I just have to keep up with the strength training. I have the treadmill/ bike down.

That has pretty much summed up the last couple of days, working out and recovering from working out. Got the car back, $1200 dollars later.. ouch! She runs great now though. Maggie was happy as she got to go with M to work for 1/2 a day. She loves being the center of attention and she gets plenty of it when he takes her to work. She is such a CUTE puppy!

Friday night came and went without a hitch. Played a great game with friends, but now it is time to go to sleep, or so I am being told since it is 2:31 am. For some reason I am not sleepy.. it couldn't be the Rockstar that I drank, could it?! hehe :P

Peace all!

No comments: