Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day before that Hallmark holiday

Happy hump day everyone! I love weds, it means that monday is over, friday is yet to come and most important for me it means PAYDAY!!!! WOOT! So, I have some money in my pocket or bank account rather, and bills to pay. The good news is that I will still have left overs for playing. YAY!

As for my weekend wrap up... Satruday just flew by. Did the drive to TD got in around 1 am. Went promptly to bed. Woke up to a doorbell and who should it be standing there the beautiful miss Ame around 11:00. It was photo shoot day. My very first attempt at taking photographs of a "model"/ a person posing for me. This was a bit tricky as I hadn't done it before since most of my work is landscape/cityscape and animals for the most part. The second challenge was finding a suitable place to take said pics. I think that we had quite a few good shots. I am happy with how things turned out. Of course now I can say, "oh I wish I had done "x" instead"... as they say hindsight is 20/20. I think I will have at least 3 good shots to use for the art show next month along with some new stuff I have been working on.

Later that night was a friend's surprise b-day. It was a good time. The guys played Axis and Allies while the women folk chased kids and watched "Love Actually". Ahhh, I LOVE that movie, how can you go wrong with Colin Firth and Keira Knightly??

Got to sleep in a little on sunday, went to the pancake house.. YUM, for breakfast before meeting up with a few friends for a viewing of "NO Country for Old Men." WOW! Excellent movie. Once again the Cohen Bros have made an incredibly smart, well written/acted/shot film. If you get a chance go see it. It isn't a typical Hollywood ending film and actually reminded me quite a bit of one of their other greats "Fargo". Then it was time to pack up and head into the big city again.

Looks like I have also managed to avoid the plague that has been hitting everyone in TD. Makes me glad not to be there right now! haha :P Seriously though, hope you all get better soon.

Go out and enjoy your hump day and the day before tomorrow (which will never come) Oh, and let's not forget about that damn holiday that was made up by Hallmark and the fine makers of Chocolate treats everywhere.

Be good kids!

No comments: