Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Sunday

Ahhh yes, the Super Bowl. Beer, burgers, commercials... what could be better? Wait, a football game? Noooo, I am talking about the commercials! Let's face it who actually watches those overpaid (for the most part) grown men running around in tights catching the ol' pigskin? Not to mention the usually lackluster half time shows that they come up with for Super Bowl Sunday. Prince was pretty good last year, heck even Janet Jackson's nipple ala Justin Timberlake was better than Tom Petty. Don't get me wrong I like Tom Petty, but as a performer ya have to admit he is fairly lack luster.

All in all Super Bowl 42 was pretty darn good. The first 3 quarters weren't sooo exciting, but if you missed the last 2 minutes of the game thinking that the Pats had it wrapped up in their last TD, then boy you were in for a shock. Those Giants weren't going without a fight to the end, and that is just what happened. In an amazing drive down the field Manning led his team to a Super Bowl win. Those poor Patriots, having that perfect season doesn't seem so sweet now does it? All those wins for nuttin! I only wish that I had put some money on those Giants.

The commercials this year didn't have too much to offer. There is always the very cute Budweiser Clydesdales. This year I also really like the Dorito commercial with the human sized mouse jumping through a wall... made me laugh out loud. Did anyone else think those E trade commercials were a bit weird, especially the one where the baby burped up? Ewww gross. Let's not forget the "Jack sandwich". My mother was totally offended at that one and said she is going to write a letter to Jack in the Box about how inappropriate she thought it was. I just laughed at her "Ok mom, you do that", was the only respone I could muster up. haha :P

Whatever your guilty pleasure is I hope you enjoyed Super Bowl Sunday with friends or family, or in whatever fashion suited you.

-Ciao

No comments: