Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hump day, the beginning of Lent, and other assorted goings on

Not much to report, it is hump day as well as the first day of Lent for all of you Catholics out there. Hope ya partied hard last night since you have 40 days and nights of giving something up. Although I am not Catholic, nor religious particularly, I have been known to give up something in the past for Lent. This year I think it will be WoW. It wont' be too terribly difficult as I rarely play anymore anyways. I think it is a fun test of ones will power. Just in case I can't stay away from Wow, it has already been almost a week since I have played, maybe I can give up something else like... aw screw it I am not Catholic why should I have to give up anything! *evil grin*

On a completely different note... I have discovered deviantART.com, ohhh it is so addictive. It is an artists community for people to upload their works as well as sell them. I have listed several prints so far and am really enjoying the work of others.

http://amy-moore.deviantart.com/

I have also been playing with Gimp and trying to get some photos ready for the art show. I am going to be taking some photos this weekend of a friend to hopefully submit in the show. Aside from Gimp I have found some programs working with fractals. I am really enjoying this type of artwork and being creative.

Enjoy the rest of your week and those of you crazy enough to actually participate in Lent... GOOD LUCK!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am not giving up anything! I love your deviantArt thingie though. I really like the heart one. I might just have to get me a print. But you know what - if you were really really nice you might kind of teach me how to do that. I have played with Gimp quite a bit but I don't know the other stuff. We still need to get the puppies together for pictures! Kisses!! :D

Katie said...

Ummm...where is the weekend update!?