Friday, February 1, 2008

Time keeps on slippin'

Wow, it is February already!!! I can't believe I have let a week go by without an update, I am sure all of you in blogger land have just been waiting with baited breath, so to speak, to hear of my exciting adventures in tax land. hahahaha I crack myself up!
Seriously, can you believe that it is February? I just have to pinch myself, where did January go?

On to the weekly update, as I have yet to be good about a daily blog.... Starting with the drive back into Hillsborito... OMG! Over the weekend there was a lot of snow and ice, especially in the HR area. Sunday morning I woke up nice and early so I could go out and buy some tire chains only to find out that Schwabs was closed. BOOO! Of all the shops in town only ONE, yes O-N-E, was open. They were nearly sold out of chains too by the time I got there at 11:00. Thankfully they had a set that would fit my vehicle. After breakfast at the Pancake House, a Sunday morning tradition, we got to the house where M helped me (ie; did all the work) put the chains on. Mind you the roads in TD were clear, but HR to Cascade Locks were required to have chains. I managed to get a couple miles down 84 before realizing I didn't need those silly chains and all hose big bad truckers passing me didn't have them either. I pulled them off quickly, jumped back in the car and off we (me and Maggie) went again.

Things were all good until just getting through HR and up the hills. Oh my! Ice and packed snow in both lanes on both sides of the freeway. I really should have left those damn chains on! 2 1/2 hours later, miles and miles of ice and snow, driving at 10-20 mph for what seemed an eternity, I finally reached the outskirts of Portland. Another 45 mins and I was safe and comfortably "home" in Hillsborito. I narrowly escaped several accidents as i went sliding from one late to another due to ice not to mention th idiots who think that just because they are in a 4x4 they are unstoppable. I vowed not to go back to TD if there was even the slightest chance of snow and or ice. I had my share thanks!

After having started my week off with that fun driving it was nice to finish the week on a quiet note. Got paid weds.. yay! Maggie is going to the vet today and getting her hair "did". Lucky dog. She is sooo shaggy right now and can barely see out through the fur. She is still th cutest doggles EVER though!

I think I might have to catch a flick this weekend or go to Powells or both even! Oh and isn't there some sort of football game this weekend? Whatever your plans are, stay safe and have fun!

-Ciao!

No comments: